Friday, July 1, 2011

Farmer's Market Finds

I am in the midst of packing for a week long trip up in the wilds of coastal Maine.  While there, I hope to be completely offline except when absolutely necessary, and yes, that includes twitter (eep!).  Before disappearing I wanted to share a couple things I've been working on.  

The warm weather and amazing produce at the Greenmarket has been pushing me to experiment more with color in my artwork.  This past wednesday I finally made it out to the market early enough to have my pick of the goodies at Honey Hollow Farm.  Most of their produce is foraged, so it is highly seasonal, susceptible to vagaries in the weather (as I learned when I attempted to buy morels this past spring), and like all scarcities, are in high demand.  There have been times that I've gotten to the market around noon, and find their stand completely wiped out.  

This time, however, by stopping off before my early morning printmaking class, I had all of their early summer bounty to choose from.  Here are some sketches of what I picked up:
Daylily Buds

Chanterelles
Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment